Friday, April 30, 2010

Our little girl!

So I'm finally posting since I had Oakley! I feel like I have so much to say and catch up on! So I guess we will start from the beginning! 


LABOR.... Well it went a little different then how I thought and was told it was going to go. Lets see... the girls in my family all have gone a couple weeks early, they're labors were pretty fast, and pushing wasn't to awful! So, that's what my mom told me I was going to be like... OH BOY was she WRONG! I went into labor February 3 at 7:30 in the morning which was the day before I was due. My contractions started off pretty strong, they were 3 to 5 mins a part and pretty painful. So I went to the hospital after having contractions like that for 2 hours. Well I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced, and after being at the hospital for an hour with contractions so bad I was throwing up in-between they sent me home with a shot of morphine. I couldn't believe it! I was so upset but what could I do. I labored at home for another 4 to 5 hours before I couldn't take it anymore! I went back where they checked me and I was dilated to a 5 and ready to be admitted and was given my epidural! After a few hours Oakley started having problems. Her heart rate kept dropping. It was because I was having 6 contractions in 10 mins and they were very strong and she couldn't handle it. They stopped my labor for 2 hours to give her rest. After my labor started back up and she was doing fine I finally reached a 10 and could start pushing at about midnight. I then pushed for almost 3 hours when she was finally born at 2:49am on February 4, 2010! It was by far the most painful exhausting thing I have ever done, but it was worth every bit of pain! I have my baby girl who I love more then I ever thought was possible! 

This is me when I went to the hospital for the first time. 
My little girl Oakley Lynn Cook born at 
2:49 am On Feb 4, 2010 weighed 7 lbs 15 oz 19 1/2 in long
and was born at American Fork Hospital.


Horrible picture of me! :) but this was the first time I got to hold her!
Very tired! Had been up here for almost 24 hours! 
Proud daddy! 
Her first birthday cake! Her gamma brought it for her! It was so cute!
Gamma! She LOVES that baby!

She looks like her daddy and not me!
The Cooks!
Getting ready to go home!
All ready!
2 Days
3 Days
6 Days
2 months



This is her at her 2 month  check up! 
April 5, 2010
Length: 23 1/4 in 75%
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz 75%
Head circ: 39.1 cm 50%



Getting her shots was SO SAD!!! Made mom cry!


Oakley was blessed by her daddy on April 11, 2010! She did awesome! She didn't cry one bit during the blessing! Camden did such a good job and blessed her with so many wonderful things!



This is the face that I get to wake up to every morning! She is such a happy baby! Specially in the mornings! 

Oakley loves:
eating every 2 hours
when you talk to her
to stand when your holding her
loves to be faced out when your holding her
HER BATH
to poop! this girl poops SO MUCH
her swing

Oakley hates:
to wait for anything
is not a big fan of the car
when something scares her

she doesn't hate a lot of things because she is really a happy baby! She is the best little sleeper. She goes to bed between 9 and 10 wakes up to eat between 6 and 7 then goes back down till 9 or 10! 
I love her so much its crazy! I can't imagine life without her! 

6 comments:

Natalie said...

She is so cute! I love all her hair and her squishy little cheeks! Congrats, she is so beautiful!

Nicole Heape said...

She is beautiful. Just like her mommy! I know you hear it from everyone but she has so much hair. Congrats though!

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

I love this little girl. I love all the picts but I really think you need one in the bumbo getting her hair defused. Your the best!!!

The Griner Family: said...

Hey! I found your blog through Nikkis! Congrats!!!! Beautiful baby and your a beautiful mamma!!!

Ty and Staci Williams said...

Blakley she is darling! I absolutely cannot believe that hair, it makes her look like such a grown up! Sounds like you guys are ping great, I cant wait to see more pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article/event that I would like to submit in regards to childhood obesity. It is about dancing and how it can be a fun way for kids to exercise. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com